Sunday we spent the day cleaning and get the last minute baby stuff.
Cal had a busy 4th of July weekend so we were pretty low key on Sunday, just did breakfast and waited for gma Dulle to get in town.
That night Kevin and I didn't sleep. Maybe a few hours but for the most part when you know you are going to wake up at 6am and go have a baby it can be difficult to actually get any rest.
Monday we got up, got breakfast at McDonalds and got to the hospital before 7am. That's where the good things ended.
We waited for two hours in the waiting room before finally being told, after I asked twice what was taking so long, that there was no room at the inn. So home we went to wait. And wait.
Finally we were told to come in at 4:30pm.
Didn't get a room until 5 but we were there. Got my IV in, some meds for the Strep b, broke my water and got pitocin going all by about 6.
Then my head started itching. I was having a reaction to the meds, bring in the Benadryl!
My water was slowly leaking out and the contractions were getting stronger so at about 8:30 I really wanted an epidural.
By the time I got it my contractions were close and strong. I was a 3 when I got there at 5pm and by 8 I was 6.
Before getting the epidural my fluid IV came out and blood started spraying. Wasn't bad, but it's never fun to see blood coming out.
Once the epidural was placed I expected to feel better. I was going on no sleep, had an awful headache, already had a reaction to medicine, and was in a lot of pain.
After waiting over an hour we realized the epidural didn't work.
So at about 1030 we did it again. This time it worked! My doctor also had to break my water again and I could feel Emme's head drop into place. With in one hour I went from a 6 to a 10 and did one practice push. Emme must have been ready because after pushing through one contraction my doctor told
Me to stop, got on her gear and after two more contractions Emme was here!
All the craziness of the day was worth it. I only pushed a total of 9 times, 3 times each with 3 contractions, and she was here in less than 10 mins.
After the first pushing contraction the nurse and doctor both stopped and said, "i think I see red hair. And a lot of it." Kevin and I both looked at echother and laughed. After almost 8 years of talking about our chances of getting a red head, we were about to meet ours!
Emmeline came out, red hair, strong and absolutely perfect!
She was placed on my chest and after a few minutes opened her eyes and looked right at us. I know why people have multiple kids, that feeling of meeting your sweet baby for the first time is unlike anything else in this world. Your heart can grow within seconds and all the love you have for your first is just as instant with your second.
Any fear I had of having two kids was immediately gone and replaced with hope for how amazing our future is going to be.
Emme is perfect. She was born at 11:48pm. She weighed 7lbs, 2oz and was 19inches long at birth.
She fits so perfectly in our little family. And we realized this within minutes. I already can't imagine our life without her.
Last pregnant picture 39 weeks and 5 days
Love those first moments
Sweetest face











No comments:
Post a Comment