Where do we even begin. I'm sure we will be saying that alot in the next few months. By now everyone knows we are expecting a baby boy in late November. This blog is to keep everyone up to date on our journey through parenthood, the ups and downs and everything in between.
We found out we were pregnant on Thursday, March 17th, St. Patricks day, so I should have known we were going to have a little Irish boy like his daddy. From 5am on that Thursday morning our lives have not been the same. We told family at 6 weeks and friends at about 11. One of the hardest secrets I have ever kept. Being pregnant has been an amazing experience so far. Im glad all the yucky morning sickness is over and now that it has been a few weeks since I was sick everyday, I kind of forgot how awful it was.
We found out we were having a boy at 19 weeks, again a Thursday. Must be our lucky day. The whole time Kevin and I thought it was girl. I was calling him a she since the beginning. Everyone else thought it was a boy though, and we got to tell all of our family they were right, which they loved. Seeing him on the screen for the 4th time but actually with an identity is something I will never forget. I could look at his little face, feet and hands all day and he doesn't even weigh a pound yet. A shock to us, but now I cant imagine him being anything else but him.
Now we are busy getting his room ready, registering, preparing and growing. He loves to kick and started that at about 18 weeks for me to feel and 20 weeks for daddy to feel. Now he is a kicking machine. He kicks, head butts, punches and moves all around. He is really starting to grow and even though I don't recognize my own body sometimes, I love knowing he is getting big and strong! 18 more weeks little man...
So excited for you Lisa and also for your husband as well. Pregnancy is a wonderful things. Yes it has its many ups and downs but the end product is something that I can't really put into words. Being a mommy is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I love being Remi's Mommy! :-) Congrats again!
ReplyDelete