He gets more fun each and every day and I am counting down the days until I get to stay home with him full time!
This month Calvin's personality came alive! Kevin and I both love being with him so much, most nights we both get up to feed him and and LOVE the weekends when we can play all day long.
Here are his 5 month stats and new milestones:
Weight/Length:
He is growing like a weed still. 17lbs and I'm guessing about 27 inches
Clothing Size:
Still in 9 months but I bought him some 12 months and they fit as well.
Eating:
6 ounces every 3-4 hours.
Since he started solid food at 4 months, he had RSV and now Hand Foot and Mouth, so he is still just on Rice Cereal, sweet potatoes and some squash. For about the past week we haven't given him the food because of the sores in him mouth from the HF and M. But he is getting better and I'm sure this month will be FULL of new tastes and textures!
Sleep:
Doing awesome! He goes to bed by 7pm and wakes up once in the night and then for good by 730am.
Naps are a different story. He takes about 3 30 mins naps a day, but we will be working on that once we get to AZ.
Developments:
Calvin rolled over at 4 months and since then he is getting the hang of sitting with little help, standing in his exersaucer, jumping in the jumperoo, and reaching and grabbing everything. He can HUG, give KISSES, reach for toys and people and move his head all over to see whatever it is he wants to see. He is a bit noisy...wonder who he gets that from?
LOVES:
Laughing, daddy, signing in church, mommy, cousin Penny, eating food, going for walks, dancing to music, jumping, grabbing faces, giving kisses and hugs, visits from family, SMILING, eating his fingers, playing with his toes, rolling over, playing with toys, looking at Mango, taking baths in the big boy bath tub, Dora and Diego, and just being awesome!
Therapy:
Still going, we had a set back while he had RSV and we had to miss an appointment but he is stronger than ever, sleeping on his left side and looking in both directions all the time. We will get him tested for the helmet this month, but I really don't think he is going to need it.
Nursing:
Calvin stopped nursing from me at 3 months and I continued to pump until about 4 1/2 months. I did stop and honestly it was the best decision for me and my family. Cal was eating way more than I could provide and it got to the point where I was crabby and missing out on valuable Calvin time because I was pumping. I am glad I made it as long as I did and I look forward to nursing with the next kid, but I am SO glad I am done for now :)
Day Care:
Calvin still LOVES day care. Mommy and daddy wish he didn't get everything all the other kids have, but he is so happy there. He is going to miss all of his friends and teachers when we move at the end of the month, but I will find groups for us to join and Aunt Christa and Uncle Jeff got Cal a month membership to the Little Gym and he is going to love it!
Upcoming Events:
We are set to move May 30th to Chandler, AZ. Calvin told me Monday how excited he is for the adventure and to spend all day at home with his mommy!
Here are pictures from his 5 month Birthday!!
To my little man:
And if someday you're lonely,
or someday you're sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you've been bad...
just lift
up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right
there





No comments:
Post a Comment