Monday, May 21, 2012

6 month stats

Today Calvin is 6 months old. Half a year. Seriously how does he keep getting older? This past month has been the best so far. I love every stage of having a baby but lately we have been having so much we don't won't to leave the house we just want to stay and play.

 Here are the details:

 Weight/length:
18lbs and 28.5 inches long. He is in the 55th percentile for weight and 97th for length. Clothing size He can still wear 9 months clothes but mostly wearing 12 months. I just can't bring myself to put him in the 12m sleepers because they look so old.

 Eating:
  This little man can't seem to catch a break when it comes to getting sick so he is really just now getting into the food thing. He is still eating 6oz every 3-4 hours for a total of about 30 ounces total. He now he eats cereal for breakfast and dinner and veggies. He has had sweet potatoes, squash, carrots and peas. He LOVES the carrots and thinks the peas taste funny. Over the next few weeks we are going to work our way through the veggies so we can get to fruit and then on to some yummy meets and dinner food. He is also going to try drinking some water out of a sippy cup and some soft finger foods. He has had sweet potato puffs and he is getting the hang of. Feeding a kid is a full time and I am pretty sure my day is going to revolve around feeding him, changing him and keeping him entertained. I guess that's what a stay at home mom does :)

 Sleep:
Still not the best at naps but now that he is not sick, knock on wood, he has been sleeping almost 12 hours and if he gets up he goes back to sleep until he has at least 12 hours. We are going to start nap training once we move. Daycare is too much fun for my busy body boy, so once it's just m and I we should be able to work something out. He is still going to bed at about 7pm and getting up at about 7am. Still swaddling too. I know I need to start stopping that but it's the only way he sleeps and my doc said as long its lose so if he roles over he can push up he is good.

 Developments:
 Like I said above this month has been so much fun because of all Cal is learning. He can sit, get up on his knees, and push up very high on his tummy. He can get both of his feet in his mouth, pick things up and grab what he wants, and get just about anything in his mouth. Calvin loves to talk! He can say dada, daadee, mmmm, ahhh, mmmom', and all other kinds of Babble.

 LOVES:
Anything he can get in his mouth, his toes, his feet, his hands, laughing out loud, playing peek a boo, being scared by daddy, hugging, kissing, rolling over,sitting up, wiggling, daddy, mommy, looking at kids, taking baths because he can sit and play, petting mango and grabbing her feet and mouth, eating, singing and playing with mommy and daddy

 Therapy: We go tomorrow for we hope will be his last appointment. Cal has done what they want all Torticollis kids to do and he has gotten strong and overcome almost all of it. We also were told he does not need a helmet! We are so proud of our little man. It was hard work and he hated doing the exercises but it all worked!

 Daycare: Friday will be Cals last day care before we move and he is home with me full time. He has loved his 3 months there and I know he will have a blast playing with his cousin Landon in AZ and doing some fun activities so we can get the kids involved.

 Upcoming events: The time is finally here! We move move to Arizona in a week! I know our families are sad but this such an awesome opportunity for Kevin. We are all benefiting from being there because I will be home with Calvin and we will be spending the next ten months just the 3 of us plus Mango. I'll post pictures tomorrow once I log on to my computer.

 To my little man:

Tonight you laughed out loud in your sleep. Multiple times you laughed like someone just blew on your belly or made a silly face. Watching you I couldn't help but laugh myself and also get tears in my eyes. You my love are as happy as they come. You are sweet, funny, charming. You make complete strangers smile and give so many people joy. Watching you laugh while sleeping made me realize how lucky your dad and I are to have you in our lives. We may be the ones making you laugh and smile, but you have made our lives truly happy. Years from now I will remember the way you smiled, giggled and laughed out loud all while in my arms with your eyes closed. I think it will always be one of my most favorite moments.





No comments:

Post a Comment