And yes it was great. But...Cal is use to daycare. Lots of kids, lots of noise, no real sleep schedule, and doing what he pleases.
He obviously had Kevin and I on the weekends, but it always seemed like we had some family event going on and errands to run that we never really got him on a weekend schedule either.
That means me and the little man are trying to come up with a schedule that will make both of us happy.
Plus throw in a few Little Gym and Gymboree classes each week so my little bully has some kids to play with and talk to.
The first week was not perfect. Naps were iffy, food was iffy, sleep at night was iffy, but we made it through and we are getting there!
Here is what we are trying to stick too:
7-8am: Wake up time for Calvin. I let him play in his bed until he cries. But this is the best time for him to learn to talk and be alone.
8-10am: Bottle, breakfast, playtime on the floor. Little Gym is at 9:15 on Wed.
10-12pm: Nap time.
12-3pm: bottle, lunch, more play time. Maybe a walk, pool time and Bubble Guppies if he needs a good distraction. Also Gymboree falls in this time slot on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
3-4: Nap time again. Cant seem to get this one any longer.
4-6: Play time again, lots of talking, rolling, looking at Mango and Peek-a-Boo
6-7: Daddy finally comes home and we play, eat dinner together, do bath and start bedtime.
7-730pm. Bedtime
By 730 I am exhausted, and normally have a beer in my hand. Not going to help the weight loss goal, but seriously bneing a mom makes you drink :)
Nap times aren't perfect and he still doesn't like them, but in one week I was able to get him taking them with a little crying in between. I hate letting him cry but I know he needs to learn.
We are also working on pushing bed time back to 730 or 8 so Kevin can play with Cal for longer than an hour a day.
It didnt work before because he did not take many naps at daycare, but the longer he sleeps during the day, the better he is at staying up past 7.
We have also stopped swaddling him, so he is no longer sleeping through the night, but he was way to hot with the swaddle and he was rolling over and getting it all wrapped around him.
So now he wakes up about 3 hours after going down, we feed him a little more and then he sleeps the rest of the night.
All in all our first week was great. We went for walks, swam, played with Landon lots, got to play with other kids, tried new foods, sat in a grocery cart, got really hot, kicked mommy in the nose, cuddled, and just enjoyed being together.
I know being at home is not for everyone, and I'm sure I wont be able to do this forever. But I cant believe how much I missed out on while I was working and even though being at home is harder than working, at this point in time I wouldn't change a thing.
Enjoy our first week pictures!
| on the blow up thing at little gym |
| playing baby soccer |
| cousin Landon! |
| Mango really wanted her picture taken, she even smiled |
| after his first 2 hour nap! |
| playing in his kitchen |
| play date with Landon |
| Cal is kind of a bully |
| Gymboree with daddy! |
| learning how to stand on his own |
| in the tube |
| yeah friends! |
| Landon on the |
parachute
| Cal on the |
parachute
| not sure what to think about flying |
| getting tired eyes |
| BUBBLES!!!! |
| loving life and daddy after his nap |
| splash, splash, splash |
| he LOVES the pool |
| kicking his legs and learning to swim |
| finally some mommy love |
should be working but i'm reading your blog. your letter to Cal on the other post was so sweet - i'm crying at my desk. can't wait to see all of you. be safe - love you - see you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete