Monday, August 8, 2011

Batting Practice

6 months pregnant and boy do I feel the heat. I think this is the hottest summer on record since 1984, the same summer Kevin was born. Calvin has his dads built in heater, and I have never gotten so hot so quickly. Thank goodness there are only 2 more months of Summer, I need the Fall to get here quickly.

We had a great appointment last week. Kevin made the mistake of telling the doctor I have been eating a few too many brownies so I have been trying to focus on protein and fiber and less on donuts and ice cream. I don't even really like sweets, so I'm glad I had the reality check to STOP eating them. I didn't think I was craving anything but now I realize I was craving sweets and alot of them. One week off the sweets and I am doing good. My chips and salsa intake has gone up, but that's veggies! So thanks Kevin for calling me out in front of the Doctor, I'm feeling better about what I am feeding the baby now :)

Cal is doing great and I think he and I are in our 6 month growth spurt. Every day my stomach feels bigger and every day he is kicking more and more. Today he hasn't stopped moving, I think he is taking batting practice. I love feeling him move. When I'm at work I laugh when I feel one out of no where and I tell Kevin every time I feel him at home, which is all the time. Its so amazing to know this little man is growing and I love that he lets me know how strong he is getting. If it seems like it has been awhile I try to wake him up with a snack and he will usually start kicking and hitting again. The best feeling in the world!

 Keep batting Cal, Mommy loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment