Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Fall Classic

 November 21st started out like any other day.



 I wasn't feeling that great since I was up half of the night with contractions, but again I wasn't thinking it was going to be labor.

I went to work on Monday and started having consistent contractions  9am-11am 10 mins apart. 11-12 they were 5 mins apart so I went home and called the doctor.
They went back to 7-10 mins from 12-2 and then started back every 5-7mins from 2pm on. The doctor told me to come in and I was a 5-6 centimeters.
Our doctor was sick so we had another doctor who was awesome. He was very calm when telling us we were ready. I got dressed again and we just looked at each other. 

We were going to have a baby today!
 We got to the hospital at 4, checked in and got situated. I was feeling good, the contractions were about 6 minutes apart but didn't hurt that bad. They kept asking if I wanted an epidural, but I was feeling great.

 The doctor broke my water at 5:30 and then the contractions hurt!
 
 I got the epidural at about 6 and was very thankful for it.
 
At 7:30 the doctor came back in and I was at a 9 1/2 almost 10 so they got me on some pitcocin to keep my contractions strong and at about 8:20 I started pushing.
 
First hour went great, I could still feel the contractions and could feel the pushing but without much pain, so the meds were at the right amount. Second hour got a little harder. At about 10, he got on his gear and we had some final pushes and out he came. 

 
It was incredible!!! He cried his little cry and then he laid on me for about an hour wide eyed and quite, he just looked at me and Kevin and hung out. It was amazing.



Calvin Mitchell Sears was born on November 21st at 10:29pm. 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 21 inches long. 
 
After that things went fast. Our families got to see him at about 1am.We got to bed at 330am and left the hospital the next day at 12pm.

It was a rush of emotions and new beginnings and it was the best 40 or so hours of our lives thus far.

Calvin is amazing. Absolutely perfect. Kevin and I fell in love with him at first sight and everyday we love him more and more.

After 38 weeks  6 days and 22 1/2 hours our pregnancy journey came to an end.

Looking back I cant believe how fast it all went from St. Patrick day morning.

3 positive pregnancy test, 53 pounds, a few dozen donuts, lots of things cinnamon, very few sad tears, lots of happy tears, 5 ultra sounds, 5  baby showers, 1 adorable nursery, lots of naps, 20 or so foot rubs, 2 parenting classes, 1 new car and 1 perfect baby boy.

I will always remember these past 9 (10) months. Being a mother in the making is an experience unlike any other, but being a mother is something I wouldn't trade for the world.










I loved you before I meet you Calvin, but after seeing you I love you even more.

You are the one and only ever you...and you are perfect.


1 comment: