I just cant believe that Calvin is 11 months. Almost 1.
Besides the fact that my baby is almost no longer a baby, I am getting worked up because I just LOVE the stage he is in now. I love every stage of having baby, and those stages change every few months. But this current stage is amazing. He cant walk yet, so he is less mobile. And he has gotten over the fact that he can crawl. Obviously he crawls all over, and fast, but since he has been doing it for a few months the novelty has worn off for him. That means Calvin is playing more, interacting more, and imagining more. And I have really found him entertaining, fun to be around, and like the cutest littlest best friend I have ever had.
So that's why I am sad, and that's why I haven't written this post yet. Because Cal and I are buddies in this stage, at this month. We play, laugh, hug, get silly. We go on dates, we go to Gymboree, and everyday we have fun. I know we will continue to do all these things and more, but I cant help but feel bittersweet about this moment. Soon he will be toddler, walking, running and needing me less and less. I just hope every stage gets better than last like it has so far.
Enough about me...Lets see what Cal has been up to:
Weight/Height:
Haven't been to the Doc in awhile but I'm guessing about 24lbs and 32 inches long
Eating:
Anything that sounds good to him. Breakfast is the hardest, he likes Bananas, mini pancakes sometimes, applesauce with cinnamon, and blueberries. I have tried eggs, sausage, bread but he just doesn't like it. Lunch he likes hot dogs, Velveeta Shells and Cheese, leftovers, cheese, some veggies. He didn't use to be picky, but he is now. Dinner he eats what we eat. He had fish this past month and really likes that. He is like most kids and sometimes he likes something and then then the next day he doesn't. He was loving Potato Soup and broccoli with cheese, and then he didn't want anything to do with it. So we just offer him everything and hope he gets enough. Yogurt, graham crackers, puffs are some of his favorite snacks.
Teeth:
No change, still 8 just getting bigger and your can see the top ones when he smiles.
Clothes:
Still in 18 months. Might be getting close to 24 month PJ's because he is getting really long.
Developments:
Even though Cal didn't have any milestones this months, he has changed alot. He is just older, plays more, interacts more, gets silly more. He wants to play with kids and adults, but also loves playing alone. He throws the ball for Mango and will chase the ball around himself as well. He goes from activity to activity at Gymboree without crying, which is an improvement because last month he hated doing that. He is more aware of his body and what he can do. He focuses on each task and learns new everyday skills all the time. He is stacking toys, putting things together, and just am zing me everyday with how much he knows and all he can do. He is walking alot more while holding on to furniture or low walls at the park. It wont be long before he is walking. I'm guessing right after his first birthday. He is becoming a little monkey. If he sees us do something he tries. He can blow air, cluck his tongue, and bang different beats when we do. And you can really see his little mouth trying to form the words we say to him. He also claps when I say "Good job Calvin".
Sleep:
12 hours at night and 2 naps still about 3-4 hours total of naps.
Words:
He is "talking" alot more. Not making alot of sense, but he talks all the time, has conversations with himself, and tries to mimic what we say. He is also getting louder and more vocal about things he wants or doesn't want.
LOVES:
Mango, climbing, walking while holding on to the couch, Bubble Guppies, playing with toys alone, going outside, going for walks, clapping, listening to music the dishwasher and refrigerator, soft blankets and pillows. Lots of mama and dada love. His new love is being the center of attention. Loves having people around to entertain and play with him.
Dislikes:
Car rides, when people aren't looking at him, being spoon feed, most baby food i make him, when I close the dishwasher or refrigerator, getting his hair touched.
Upcoming Events:
The BIG 1! Traveling for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
To my little man
I just cant get enough of you lately I love watching you play and see your brain work so hard to figure something out. I love watching you with your daddy. You two melt my heart every time I see together. I love the sound of your voice when you get excited I love how you pull yourself up to hug my legs. I love all the wet kisses and warm hugs you give me. I love your smile and those bright blue eyes. I love your stinky piggies and your sticky hands. I love seeing your hand print on the glass door and the coffee table. I love that you are all boy and as sweet as can be. I love you Calvin, my handsome prince.
No comments:
Post a Comment