It may only be Wednesday but we have had quite the week so far.
Monday Cal and I went to do a return and ended up getting his first real pair of shoes and playing in a splash pad.
I always hoped I would be a cool mom and even if he won't remember I had my first "cool" mom moment.
It was 102 on Monday, yes Oct 1, so I decided Cal might like to play in some water, street clothes and regular diaper in all. He loved it, crawled around, ate some leaves, and played in the water. He was wet, I was wet, and we had no towel. Oh well, it's hot as heck and we all dry! Cool mom moment number 1.
Then on Tuesday Mango gave Cal a run for his clumsy money. Mango has hurt herself a lot. She has lost 4 adult teeth, gotten parasites, got in fights with rodents, and now twice she has torn her dew claw. First time needed surgery, this time they think it will heal on its on own. And she is such a baby. The blood didn't seem to bother her, but the wrap is paralyzing her from getting of the couch or our bed.
Last night Cal took clapping to a whole new level. He loves squatting on his knees and testing his stability with lifting a foot to stand. He loves bouncing while on his knees and dancing with his hands over his head. And now, he loves clapping while on knees. Cutest thing and he looks so old!
And today? We have a very crabby baby who thinks 6:20 is a good time to get up this week so he can be fussy until he naps. Thank goodness he is cute.
Oh and I almost forgot! We got the best news on Monday. No we didn't win the lottery and NO it's not another baby, but we get to go home! For a few days at least. I miss my home so much. Is it crazy to love something that can't love you back? Or miss something that can't miss you back? To me my home is so much more than a house. It's the home Kevin and I built together; blood, sweat, and tears. It's the home I brought my baby too and plan on raising our family in. So to not see it or be creating memories in it is hard. But we have this home in AZ for now and we have created lots of awesome memories and moments in it. Happy to go home but glad we get to come back to our mini adventure home too!
















No comments:
Post a Comment