As of Monday I am 26 weeks.
I finally got to go to my doctor this week. I just feel so much more comfortable there. I think the AZ office was just to business focused and not patient focused. I'm a patient not a customer. And at my doctor in KC I feel like a patient.
My doctor remembered us and talked to Cal for a good 5 mins before even talking about how I was doing. And I liked that.
She said everything looks good an I won't have to go past 39 weeks!
So at about 39 weeks, if I'm progressing ill have my membranes stripped to help along labor. This was the plan with Cal, but he came the day before so we will see what Emme wants to do.
I had my glucose test today and for two days I ate very little sugar. So tonight I made cookies. Got to use my mixer which I left here and my up to date oven. Felt good!
I start going every two weeks now. Not sure how that got here so fast! Since my due date is July 15th, my last period date due date is July 2nd, and I think my due date is July 9th, she just decided to see me in two weeks instead of waiting 4.
Crazy. This little lady is coming. And fast.
We are painting a lot this weekend and getting her room ready. Then it's washing all of cousin Penny's clothes she gave Emmeline and just enjoying our little man.
Facts:
I have gained 20lbs. Hoping to add no more than 15 more. We shall see. I just gain a lot of weight when pregnant. Doesn't matter what I eat or what I do. My body holds on to all of the fat.
Belly button is out and has been out!
Stretch marks are coming back and the veins are getting worse. Lovely.
I think Emme is part vampire. My stomach feels like it is ripping in half. It's like a pulled muscle plus a huge bruise. It's been like this for a week and gets worse each day. Only thing that helps is getting off my feet. And tonight I tried ice and that felt better.
I have been having Braxton hicks on the weekends. I think moving and traveling and chasing/holding a toddler all come crashing down on Sunday and they start up.
Other than that, I feel fine. Tired but fine. Second time is a lot harder!
To my little girl:
I have been thinking a lot about all the things I get to do with you that I can't do with your big brother. Like braid your hair, dress you in a tutu, make you look like my mini me. I'm getting more and more excited for our mother daughter bond. I know it's already forming, I know you are a sweet little girl, loving and caring and cute as a button. I hope you are silly like your brother. I hope you love your daddy as much as he does. The time is going so fast and in a few short months you will be in our arms. Daddy hopes you look like me, but I already know you will look like you. Our Emmeline, our sweet Emme Rose. So many things I want to say to you. So much I want to teach you. Soon enough.
I love you with all my heart baby girl,
Love, Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment