Monday, May 13, 2013

A Mothers Yearly Review

Even though I have always celebrated Mother's Day, it wasn't until I became a mother that I fully understood the importance of the day.

Yes it's a day to shower our moms with love and gifts and good kids. But it's so much more.

Since being at home this last year and having spent over a year as a mother,I thought of today as a yearly review.

It's the day we get praised for all the hard work we do. It's the day other people, besides your kids reach out and tell you how great of a job you are doing. It's the day your family lets you know that you must be doing something right. And it's a day for self reflection. It's a day to look at the beautiful little people you made and realize if it wasn't for them this thing we call life wouldn't be worth living.

Most jobs have yearly reviews and motherhood is no different. While I'm not getting called into the office to go over my strengths and weaknesses, I'm seeing them before my eyes. I know how lucky I am to be a mom and how even more lucky I am to have mom be my full time
Job.

But I also know how much sacrifice goes into my job. How little I think of myself and how much I think if others.

And then I think of the boy that gave me this amazing job. The boy I love more and more everyday. And I think of the little girl I'm going to meet in less than 9 weeks. And I think of the man who made this all possible.

Yes Mother's Day is about showering our moms with love and gifts. But it's also the day that we moms finally take some time for ourselves. And with that time we think about how if it weren't for the men we married and the kids we love more and more each day, there wouldn't be anything to celebrate.












No comments:

Post a Comment