Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Front entry/ kitchen revamp

While in Arizona Kevin and I talked about what we wanted to do to our house when we got back. First on the list was remove the brown from the entry hall and make built ins in the kitchen. 

When we bought our house almost 4 years ago, it's was a different color in every room, so we went a little crazy with the "Dulle" tan. After looking at tan for almost a year in AZ in the form of dirt I knew I wanted to get rid of at least one room with that shade. What a difference changing the entry hall made! It is so much   brighter and more welcoming! 

Next up was the little nook in the entry. We just had a big mirror there and hadnt really paid it much thought, but after reading some awesome blog posts on kitchen command centers I knew that's what I wanted to do. Martha Stewarts collection at Staples got us started. Then I moved a calander I made a few years ago and added some mirrors from target. I love that all of our mail and junk has a place to go. I feel so much more organized!

The biggest change was the built in seating and storage. We got a few Expedite shelves from Ikea and added foam cushions. I also replaced the curtains. Still need some more artwork, but it is a huge improvement!   

The list is endless when you own a home, but changing up the room we spend the most time in has made me so happy!! 

Before entry 

After entry 





I forgot to take a before picture of the kitchen area, so this is before the kitchen remodel, and one with an old pic of Cal. 




After 


Forgot to mention we removed the poll and built out the wall a little to match the shelf. Opens up the room and makes a great spot for my kitchen cart!

* disclaimer* I am entering this post as a chance to win a $100 Visa card! So much left to do on our list it would be awesome! 

1 comment: