Monday, October 21, 2013

Emmeline's first 3 months



Stats:

1month: 8lbs 13oz (60%) 21 58/in (80%)
2months: 11lbs 14oz (80%) 23 3/4 in (90%)
3 months: 12 lbs 8oz

First of let me say life with two kids is busy, very busy. So much so that Emme is almost 4 months and I haven't even done a 1 month update. I suck.

Emmeline is such a good baby. Like a really good baby. We take for granted how good she is because we have an almost 2 year old on our hands. She only cries when she is very upset. And that only happens when she is in a large crowd, is startled, or handed off to quickly. I will say she is partial to mommy and daddy. 

So it goes...

Eating: I am proud to say Emmeline is nursing and only nursing. Such a difference than with Cal. I have already and mastitis, but I nursed through it and it didn't affect anything. I have a large supply this time. So large I have had to cut out pumping because I couldn't stop leaking. 

The problem with this little nurser though is that she doesn't like a bottle. Hates dr. Browns, will only take 2 oz from a Tommie Tippie, but she will actually take 4 oz from a Como Tomo ( a $14 bottle). Can we say princess?


She eats about every three hours during the day. 


Sleep: At one month we put here in her room and she was going every three hours. At about 6 weeks she was going down at 9 and getting up 2 times a night. At 8 weeks she s going down at 8 and getting up 2 times a night. At 3 months she got really good and will go down at 7 and get up between 2-4am and then sleep until 8ish.

Now that she is almost 4 months she is ready for bed at 6:30 and sleeping by 7. She has been sick so she is getting up two times, but she has been going back to sleep until 8ish.

She takes a 30min nap spit an hour after she gets up, and will take a good 2-3 hour nap if we are home. Then a small nap at about 5. She naps in her swing. Working on the bedroom nap.

Developments: Emmeline is right on track if not ahead. She has been super strong since day one. She loves to stand, can hold her head great, sits with help and in the bumbo. Loves to play with toys, had been grabbing since 8 weeks, almost rolling over. Smiling since about 8 weeks, laughing since about 10 weeks. She is a happy, happy girl! Loves watching Calvin and mango. 

Loves: this is a mamas girls if I have ever see one. She loves to be told she is pretty and we will buy her things; that always makes her smile. Loves following Calvin and Mango all over the room. Loves playing on her mat, in her swing, and in the exersaucer. Loves talking to her dada. Babbles and babbles with him! She loves to know what is going on. Loves bath time, and her beauty sleep!


To my baby girl,

Oh Emmeline. I don't know where to start. The love your dad and I have for you is so rich and so full. I knew I could love a lot because I love your brother and dad like no other, but then you came. And my heart grew again. Sometimes my heart is so happy and so full of love I start tearing up while watching all of you. You love talking to your daddy and I love watching it. In the morning you give me the biggest smiles and you are so happy! So very happy! I am so glad I am home with you all day because I don't miss anything. You are growing and changing and getting so big. I can't believe you are going to be 4 months soon. You have brought so much love and joy to our family, I can't imagine our lives without you. You are such a good baby. So content and just happy. I love you Emme bear. For ever and for always. 

Love mama









No comments:

Post a Comment