Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Emmeline 4-7 months

Talk about changing. This little bug changes so quickly. So different then slow and steady Cal.

Emme watches once and then does it. Some things she takes her time with but for the most part, not so much. She is ahead of what I consider "normal" but not by much.

Weight:
4 months-13 lbs
5months-14lbs
6months-15lbs
7months-16+ ( she is getting a little chunky)

I have no idea for height. I am seriously awful. I will update this section when I get her records from the doc. I lost the tiny pieces of paper they wrote it on. Or Calvin ate them. that's very possible.

Sleep:
oh sleep. What is that again? Emme was doing great until Thanksgiving and then she started getting up two times a night. Then Christmas came and went and she was still getting up two times a night. Then we moved to Oregon and she started getting up once but for 2 hours straight. So I threw in the gloves and called the dad of this night owl. I had done this all by myself for 7 months and I needed help. So I would get up, feed her and then rock her for 45 mins. Then we would let her cry for about 30 mins and then kevin would rock her again. Makes for two awesome parents in the morning. This went on for 6 weeks and then we decided to change things. Ill talk about that in her 8 month update this weekend.

Naps: while emme doesn't sleep well at night she does nap. I have had her on two naps since about 5 months. She takes one two hours after she gets up and then again 3 hours after her first nap. She isn't consistent with how long but she gets about 3 hours total of naps a day.

Food:

I am still 100% Breastfeeding and she loves it. Just recently we started doing about 4oz of formula at nightto help her sleep through the night but that's it. I nurse her about every 3 hours. Maybe more. I never really keep track, and because of that I have no idea what she is getting. But she never seems hungry and I assume she is getting enough. I tried to just pump at night but my body is not use to pumping so I only get about 4 oz and that's why I do a little formula at night. But like I said that just started at 7 1/2 months.

Real food Emme took some getting use to. We started at 4 months but she never really cared. kept trying and by about 6 months she decided she liked it ok. Now at almost 8 months she is eating all kinds of veggies and fruits, beans, yogurt. I will be starting meat and cheese and eggs this week.
She loves her some peaches!

Milestones: Emme rolled over at 4 1/2 months from back to belly. Once she did that she could roll across the floor to get what she wanted. She has been actively playing with toys since about 3 months. Grabbing, playing moving from hand to hand. She has never really been the sit and stare baby. Always trying to get what big brother has or whatever she thinks she wants.

At 5 months she started sitting by herself and a few days se didn't need any support or pillows. I still used a few pillows if I walked out the room to catch her but by 5 1/2 months she was sitting and playing for long periods of time.

At 6 months she started scooting and army crawling. She could get to what she wanted  and take things.  She also said MAMA and DADA for the first and she knows who each of us are ask for us by name.

Her 7 months was full of milestones but again Ill save that for her next update.

LOVES: being told she was pretty, puffs, Mango, Calvin, mama, dada, baths, sitting, playing chewing on things,

DISLIKES: other people (she needs a warm up period), cereal, sleeping all night long.

To my baby girl,

Emmeline, I am so sorry I haven't had the chance to update on you. You have brought so much joy to our lives. You laugh, listen, look and love. You have the best little belly laugh and little giggle. You think Calvin is hilarious and you love the sound of his voice. You listen to everything going on around. Nursing has gotten tough because you hear a song on the tv and stop because it intrigues you. You look all day long. You are always watching. Daddy says you are judging but I know you are just soaking it all in. You are a little sponge. And you love. So much love for your family. I love cuddling you close and smelling your sweet baby skin, I love how soft your hair is and delicate your features are. You have grown up so much in the past few months its like you aren't even a baby anymore, but at night when you fall asleep in my arms and your face gets all chubby I see that sweet little baby. I love you Emmeline Rose. Always and forever.

Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment