Sunday, January 6, 2013

And then there were two

When I found out were pregnant with baby #2 I have to say I was  a bit shocked!

We were being careful and wanted to get pregnant after the holidays so I could enjoy a few glasses of wine. But much like Calvin, this baby had different plans.

I took a test after spending a week drinking with my parents, and it was negative, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that I should have started. So two days later at 5:30 am I took another test. And I got 1 1/2 lines. Like I said we were being careful so I wasn't really sure how I could get pregnant so I went for the cheaper test, not the digital. 

Kevin looked at the test an hour later and said until it says "yes" he won't believe it. So once Cal got up at 7am I drug him to Walmart for a digital test. 

One digital test later, I had a "yes". 

Wow. Another baby. Are we ready for this?

It took me a few days to realize it was only about 3 months ahead of schedule and the kids wouldn't be all that close. 20 months is a good distance. 2 grades a apart. It was going to be perfect.

The shock wore off after about a week, and from then on it was pure excitement. Another baby! How lucky are we to have our kids soo close!

After a few doctor visits and 2 ultra sounds, they gave us a due date of July 15th, 2013. That means I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks. They aren't lying when they say 6 days sooner!

I started getting sick at 5 1/2 weeks and it didn't really stop until a few days ago. I haven't cooked but 3 meals this whole time and I have taken two naps a day. Heating up Cals hotdogs make me sick and changing his poopy diapers is almost unbearable. But I'm at home, throwing up in my own toilet, sleeping in my own bed, wearing my comfy clothes. 

The second time around is very different. You start showing at about 8 weeks. Your ligaments hurt worse. The headaches are worse. The sickness is worse. And to top it all of you have a baby/ toddler to take care of. You can't feed your kid McDonalds everyday, and you have to clean your house.

But at 13 weeks I am finally starting to feel better. I only throw up on occasion and I am eating healthier and feel like making dinner. I'm still taking naps, but I don't feel like I am going to die of exhaustion, actually falling asleep is getting harder.

Also this time around I really only know how many weeks I am. I loaned my book to a friend, so I only have an app on my phone, which I hardly look at. I don't have time to sit around all day and dream of baby, because I already have one to care for. 

I probably won't know what fruit the baby is, or how how much it has grown, but believe me, I can feel it.

I already have stretch marks, my beautiful boy gave me them to me as a gift. I promise they aren't as bad as you think. I mean I was able to get pregnant again, so my husband can't think they are that bad either.

My belly button is already on the way back out. I already feel swollen. And as long as I don't gain over 53 lbs, I'll be fine.


I have might have the occasional glass of wine, I eat lunch meat semi warm.  I started drinking caffeine again. It's not that I'm going crazy, just realizing I don't have to be so strict.


See how different the second time around is? 

I am still taking care of myself, eating, drinking water, avoiding  most of the bad stuff.

This time around I don't have to stress about what to buy. We have it all and then some. I learned the first time around that all babies need is be held, changed and feed.

This time around I just get to keep enjoying my baby boy, and watch my belly grow and realize how lucky I am to do it all over again.

Baby #2, we can't wait to meet you. You are going to bring so love and joy to our family and I already know you are going to be perfect! Mommy, daddy, and your big brother Calvin already love you so much. So keep growing big and strong, in a few weeks we will be able to give you a name and start preparing to have you enter this crazy world!







The pic of Cal was from our 7am trip to Walmart back in October, he really likes the pregnancy test.

The bump pictures are from today. 13 weeks!







1 comment: