Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas in Kansas City

We left for Kansas City on Christmas Eve, and really it wasn't that bad. Flights are pricey and this was our 5th round trip in 6 months, so we wanted to save a little :)

We celebrated Christmas Eve with Kevin's Dad side, and then came home to sleep!

Christmas morning we went to Kevin's parents had breakfast, put Cal down for nap and opened gifts, Then after about 2 hours, the little man woke up and it was his turn! When he gets something he really likes, it wants it open right away. Most kids are into the paper, but Cal really wanted the toy!!

Then we went home to relax before celebrating Christmas Day with Kevin's mom side.

There was quite a few people this year, i think about 15 kids under 10. It was a bit nuts! But Cal had fun looking and playing with the big kids, they just didn't enjoy that he takes stuff apart when he plays.

We went home that night and I sent my husband on  McDonald's run. I hadn't been able to keep anything down since breakfast, so I needed my fries! Unfortunately, McDonald's was closed, so he got me Sonic. Good try, but didn't stay down. Nor did anything else for the next 2 days. Aw, being pregnant over the holidays is awesome!!

Anyway, we spent the 26th just hanging out at our house, it was so nice to be home! and this time Calvin loved the house and all the floor space and slept through the night 6 out of the 7 nights we were there. That's really good for traveling!

27th was my bday. Kevin and I got some alone time at the mall and I had my first Starbucks in 3 months, it was glorious!

My parents  and Lizzie came in town on the 28-30 and we just hung around because i wasn't feeling so hot.

All Kevin and I wanted to do while back was go on a date. We don't have anyone here to watch Cal, so it has been awhile. Bu I couldn't keep anything down for a few days then I got a sinus infection, that I am still fighting, so no dates were had. Again, being pregnant is awesome!

On the 31st we watched the snow come down, cleaned the house and got ready to come back to AZ.

It was an awesome trip, made us miss our house and our families. We got to see a few friends, and Calvin entertained everyone with his adorableness.

Calvin was 6 months old when we left. Just starting to interact, sit up, and play.

Now he communicates, laughs, plays, walks around stuff, gives hugs and kisses, acts silly, and is plain amazing. We are so lucky to have such a loving little boy. He was sweet to every person he saw, and even though he got tired towards the end of the week he was still a joy to be around. I am always so glad he is so well behaved when we travel, because our families get to see the real fun loving little guy he is.

Even though our families have missed alot over the past 7 months and will miss more until we come home in April, I know it was worth it to move out here. Our little family has grown, alot. Its not often that you get so much time with just your husband and your baby. You really grow to appreciate the man you married and the child you created together. And it makes the time we do spend with our families that much more special!


Kevin's parents house


Mary opening her BDay presents



this kid loves to build



see the baby bump?





first time seeing snow

amazed


loves chasing me when i have the camera

pointing at the snow


looking in the lens

he loves this rug!

someone doesn't want to leave!


practicing standing...he gets so mad!


No comments:

Post a Comment