Kevin has been gone since early Tuesday morning. And while I am home with Cal all day long normally, there is something about not having him come home to help with dinner and bath, or at least change him into his pjs.
Yesterday went fine until I started to make dinner. I clogged the garbage disposal with fettuccine noodles and burnt holes in a plastic bowl heating up meat balls. Since we know all of 5 people in this state, Kevin called his friend and he was able to unclog my mess.
When I called to tell Kevin I broke the disposal , is when I discovered the burnt bowl (I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from). That was also when cal had waited long enough for dinner, so i gave have him a bite of the pasta and he threw it on the floor. I started crying, Cal started crying, Kevin was already a few beers deep in Texas. We were a mess.
Thank goodness his friend was not on the trip with him, I don't know what I would have done.
So while Randy was fixing the clog, I gave Calvin a bath. And I think we may have another penny on our hands. The past few nights he has kind of fallen when we are rising his hair. And while we have caught him, he still cries and climbs out of the tub into our arms. I hadn't even had a chance to clean his hair, but When i got it wet he started screaming and climbed into my arms.
So while all of this is going on, Mango is barking like a mad lady because for some reason she doesn't like Randy.
Finally get Cal in bed and my much needed pizza arrives. Mango goes crazy again, I've had enough. Needless to say I ate way to much pizza and watched way to much crap tv.
So that brings us to today. Only day 2 of being alone out of 3. And Cal is barely napping, not eating, super crabby, and a snotty mess.
I hate teething!!
Only good thing so far was the baby kicked a ton last night. I could even feel it outside my belly and my sweet boy was snoring softly in the monitor. So even though things are crazy when I'm alone, and will only get crazier once baby comes, I had a great reminder that my life is perfect. Even with all the snot, no sleep, barking dog, too much pizza, and clogged messes.






No comments:
Post a Comment