Our sweet little lady was not afraid to show us who and what she was. Just like her older brother, she wanted no confusion that she is indeed a she.
The ultra sound went really well, except she didn't want to show us her hands, or her complete profile so we go back in two weeks to try again. But everything else s awesome. Heart was great, brain as great, blood was flowing. Her legs were measuring a week 21 weeks and her head was measuring 20 weeks. So long legs and small head like her brother. Overall she is measuring 20 weeks, 5 days so right on if not a little ahead.
She has big lips, and small pig nose. And from what we could see her feet look big too.
So basically she is perfect!
I have been feeling her move non stop and I love it! And she kicks Calvin when he pokes my belly or sits on me and her. Looks like she is going to be ale to hold her own against her big bro.
Overall I have been feeling a lot better. I'm tired, but not getting great sleep. I haven't been sick in weeks, but I am crabby. Like PMS crabby at the drop of a dime. I'm sure I'm a peach to live with.
Obviously Calvin is too young to really understand what is going on. And he will be too young to really understand what it's going to mean to be a big brother to his little sister. But someday down the road, I know I will be watching my two little kids and I will see this amazing connection. And I will be so proud of both of them for letting each other into that innermost circle. I honestly believe there
is no bond like that of sisters, but just as special as my bond is with my sisters, is the bond I have with my brothers. I am very lucky to have not only an older brother but younger brothers too. My bond with my older brother is truly special. I think of the pictures of him and I from when we were little and I know we were forming a lifelong friendship. We may have had some trouble in our teen years, but besides my dad and Kevin, there isn't another man who cares more about me. I know Kevin's sisters feel the same way about him.
I hope and pray Calvin and our little girl can have that same type of bond.
Calvin has the best daddy and uncles to learn from and I don't doubt that he will be the best big brother ever.
My heart is so full of love and my eyes full of tears as I picture our little family. I have my sweet boy
who stole my heart and made me fall in love with another boy. And now Kevin gets to experience
what is like to fall in love again. This little lady is going to have him wrapped around his finger, and take a place in his heart that has been waiting for her. I honsestly can't wait to see him hold her for the first time. After having Calvin I understand the love a mother has for her son. And I can't wait for Kevin to have that daddy daughter love.
That brings me to me. I'm going to have a daughter, a best friend, a mini me. It's hard to think girl after thinking boy for almost 2 years, but I am so ready to have a little lady around and start making unforgettable memories.
I'm sure you are all thinking, what's this little girls name?
We have had this name picked out from when we were pregnant Cal, and it still seems perfect for our little girl.
Emmeline Rose
We chose Emmeline because we wanted something a bit oldfashioned and with a clear nickname (Emme).
We chose Rose because it is her Aunt Lizzie's middle name and I wanted her to share her middle name with someone who means so much to me.
Our little Emmeline is about 20 weeks from making her debut into our little family. We have a lot of to do before then and a lot of preparing to do for her older brother.
To my little lady:
Thank you so much for showing mommy and daddy and big brother Calvin who you were today. I had a feeling you were you, but I didn't want to get too excited until I knew for sure. I already know you are going to fit perfectly into our family. You have the best daddy ever, and your big brother is going to be your best friend and biggest fan. And me? I'm going to be your biggest cheerleader. I'll always be there, I'll dry every tear, and return every smile. I'll be the one who stays up all night worrying about you even though I know you will be fine. I can't wait to meet you Emme. We all love you so much already!





No comments:
Post a Comment