Monday, March 4, 2013

Vacation recap and a few phone pictures

I have probably over 200 pictures to edit and go through from our awesome vacation. Plus a breakdown of taking a toddler on a trip and the do's and don'ts we learned.

I sent some pictures to family while on our trip, but I honestly used our camera most of the time, so it was hard to send out too many or very good ones.

I do have to say Calvin was perfect! We couldn't have predicted how amazing he would be. He only fussed while in the car on the 1.5mile drive to park, and on the tram ride from the parking garage.

He absolutely LOVED Carsland! Loved the few rides we went on, liked the characters, liked people watching, just really loved everything.

He smiled, laughed, ate ice cream and churros, rode rides, watched parades, meet characters, rode on daddy's shoulders, kissed mommy, pointed out every car, blew kisses to Ariel, played in the sand and the Pacific Ocean, took a few steps on the beach, ate great, got new big boy pjs because he peed his shorts, and overall had the best 48 hours ever!

We wanted to take Cal on this trip even though he wouldn't remember it. We wanted him to know that even though in a few short months his little sister will be here, it doesn't change how we feel about him. He is still our first born, our little man, and the biggest joy in our lives. We will get to show him pictures and tell him stories about how we took him to the most magical place on earth and he gave us the most magical time.

I couldn't help but smile looking at my boys having so much fun and feeling my little lady move in my stomach. I am one lucky momma and wife.

To my little man:
I can't put into words what this weekend meant to your dad and I. You will not remember what we did or who we saw, but you have given us the most perfect memories we could ever ask for. You were an absolute joy. Never cried, ate well, enjoyed everything, let us know when you had enough. Your laugh and smile were contagious. When you think of Disneyland and how a little boy is suppose to be, you were that and more. So thank you, for having fun and enjoying your special trip. Thank you for making us fall in love with you even more. Thank you for putting your toes in the sand and loving the cold water on your feet. Thank you for pointing out every car you saw. Thank you for taking naps and sleeping trough the night. And for waking up more excited then you were when you fell asleep. Thank you for the memories that will last a lifetime. Your dad and I had the best time with you this weekend and will love telling you stories of your big brother trip for years to come. We love you Cal!

Love,

Mama and Dada



































No comments:

Post a Comment