Monday, March 11, 2013

15 month stats

I have not done one of these post since 12 months. And let me tell you, alot has changed.

I decided not to continue monthly post because I didint see a huge change month to month.

But when I look back over the past 3 months, so much has changed!

Weight: 23lbs (25%-50%)
Height: 33inches (90%-95%)

So he has not really gained any weight, and has grown an inch.

He is long and lean. Skinny legs and arms and better abs then Kevin and I have ever had. Even his face is slimming out. I think that's why people think he is older than he is.

Food:
This is touch and go. We had him on soy milk because whole milk gave him a bad rash. But after a month we realized that soy made him constipated. So we slowly transitioned to 2%. That was fine, but it doesn't have alot of fat and he isnt eating that great, so I gave him more milk to make up for the less fat. Well that was wrong, because he only ate about 1 good day a week because he was drinking so much milk. Over the past week we have slowly introduced whole milk, and haven't had any rash issues, plus I lowered his milk to 16-18oz a day. now he is eating better, not great everyday, but at least one good meal a day.

Breakfast: cereal, eggs, toast, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, sausage, fruit, applesauce
Lunch: Mac and cheese, hot dogs, PB & J, quesadilla, left overs, veggie packets
Dinner: whatever we are eating ( i tr not to budge on this and he is doing very well)

He still doesn't love veggies, so we still do at least a veggie packet a day. He also doesnt love fruit, but will eat apples, pears, blueberries, strawberries, bananas and maybe a few others.

Im working on his eating and trying to make more veggie filled things, but when pregnant its hard. I do cook almost every night, so its not like he is eating bad stuff, but when we do order food he loves Chinese, pizza and burgers (small amounts I promise).

Sleep:
Goes to bed about 8pm and gets up at 8:30am.
Still two naps a day. Morning nap is 2 hrs after he gets up and lasts about 2 hrs and afternoon nap is between 3:30-4:30 and lasts about 1 hr.

Cant complain about the sleep at all!

Developments:
This is where things have changed. He is a full blown toddler. Now that he is walking, talking, asking for things, getting things he wants, throwing tantrums and communicating, it is like he is a real person, just little.

Trys to say lots of words, but sticks to: Car, dog, ball, box, book, me, mama, dada, and lots of other words when he feels like. Plus alot of words that sound alike. He repeats things for a day, like "yuk yuk" but then might not say it again for awhile.

I love trying to figure out what he wants and what he is saying. He points to must things he wants, plus I spend so much time around him, i think i have his little language and gestures figured out so im not too frustrated yet. Im sure when he starts wanting more and cant find the words, it will get very frustrating.

Doesn't throw a ton of tantrums, but when he does its for no reason. Really, cant tell you why he does it. I try to remove him from the area, offer him water and just let it play out without paying much attention to it. We are pretty lucky in this department.

Walking just started last week! Still wobbling, but now he wants to do it, and its so cute! Getting better every day.

Playing: Cal loves to play. He can play all by himself or with others. He loves to build, play cars, play with action figures that are age appropriate. He loves looking at books and animals, playing in his kitchen and pretend to cook and eat, especially ice cream. He can point out and bring you different things that you ask for. What surprises me the most is he can bring you Mickey and Minnie. They are tiny and look so much alike, I don't know how he does it!

He loves talking when he plays and anything that makes music and has buttons. And when asked, he can help clean up and share.

He also loves hats. We have about 10 play hats now and we have to wear them
All.

He loves his big truck and pushes it all over, turns it around and gets in to honk the horn.

Seriously this kid could play all day! And he does, when he isn't napping or fighting food.

He is just such a person now. He is growing up and I can tell that with a few more months he will be semi ready to be a big brother.

To my little man:

We found out a few weeks ago that you are going to have a little sister. And as excited as I am to have a daughter, I am even more excited that I get to keep you as my only little man.

We spend all day every day together, and I love it. I cant imagine spending that time with anyone else. And i know in a few months I an going to have to share you and our time, so Im making the most of the time we left with just us two.

I love taking you to the park and to Gymboree. Mostly because I love seeing you with other kids. You get this excited smile and look in your eyes. You love kids. You go right up to them and try to talk. Thats why I know you will be great with your sister.

You are a dare devil when it comes to climbing. You could climb a mountain. And even though it makes me scared to watch you climb some of the things you do, I let you. Because it makes you happy and teaches you independence. Im right there of course, and have caught you more than once. The best thing is, you listen. When i tell you to "turn around and put your feet on the ground" you do. Pretty much all the time. You are still safe about it, which makes me happy.

I love making you laugh, your giggle is the best in the world. Especially if your dad makes you laugh.

I love watching you try new things, discover new things, and learn new things.

I love that you give me kisses and sit on my lap.

I love how you go in your tent and talk to all your friends.

I LOVE watching you walk.

I love you. My little man. My only little man.


Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment