This is another "because I know so many pregnant people post".
I came across this article today feature the Tortle.
The Tortle is the silly hat below.
It was designed to prevent or help correct Torticollis.
I have no idea if it works, but the concept makes sense. Position the roll on the right, the baby looks left. Position the roll on the left, the baby looks right.
I had no idea Calvin had a neck issue until my mom and pediatrician pointed it out. I switched sides when I nursed him and laying him down each night, but he still favored looking left. And by favored I mean, always looked left.
After 3 months of PT he was released, but we still didn't see 100% improvement until he started crawling.
They still suggested getting scanned for a helmet, but later the doctors said he was fine.
We started tummy time with this kid week one. I thought I was doing everything right, but he still got Torticollis.
It could have happened in the womb, or once out, but either way he got it and it was really hard to fix it. Stretching a baby's neck that is super tight is not fun for them or you. Doing that multiple times a day every day is miserable.
His daycare helped a lot, but it was killing me making him do it.
So that's why the silly hat is on its way to my house for Emme.
I refuse to have another kid go through that.
To me the $18 I spent on the hat is worth not having to go through PT with my baby.
If you are interested in learning more about the hat visit: www.tortle.com
I used promo code "a-list" and saved $5.
That makes the hat $15 and shipping is $3.

No comments:
Post a Comment